3/8 Update: Phase 1 of the maintenance has completed and the first round of systems has been returned to service. Maintenance on the DCC continues and is expected to complete by Friday evening.
Original Maintenance Notice:
All OIT provided research computing systems will be unavailable starting on 3/7 (Monday morning, 12 am).
Throughout the day on 3/8 (concluding by 5 pm) the following systems will be returned to service:
- All research virtual machines (VMs), including Research Toolkits RAPID VMs
- Research computing resources (cluster and individual virtual machines) in the PRDN and Protected Network
- Globus end-points
- PACE GPU VMs (OIT provided CPU and GPU Resources)
The Duke Compute Cluster will be unavailable until 3/11 when maintenance concludes.
Questions about the outage and the changes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All hosts in research computing
- PRDN Hosts
- PACE GPU Hosts
- Stand-alone research virtual machines
- Duke Compute Cluster (DCC)
What’s going to be done during the outage?
- Firmware and VMware patching on all hosts
- SLURM software update to the current stable version
- Conversion from CentOS 8 to CentOS 8 Stream and general patching
Questions about the outage and the changes should be emailed to email@example.com.